Initial Enrollment Period Information
Initial Enrollment Period is an important time to make sure you’re properly set up and enrolled for medicare correctly. With over 35 years of combined Medicare experience and The Jones Group understands how confusing Medicare can be. Below are just a few pieces of important information as you prepare and begin the process.
Of course, you can schedule an in-home visit or consultation at our Wethersfield Location to go over this with a member of The Jones Group Team.
Initial Enrollment Period Important Information
- When become eligible for Medicare, you have a 7-month IEP (Initial Enrollment Period) to sign up for Part A and/or Part B coverage.
- The 7 month Initial Enrollment Period begins 3 months before you turn the age of 65, the actual month you turn 65 and the 3 months after you turn 65.
- Its very important to explore and begin the process of enrolling during the 3 months prior to turning 65. Should you decide to wait until the month you turn 65 or the 3 months after, your Part B coverage will be delayed. This delay could cause a gap in your Part B coverage.
- If you didn’t sign up when you first became eligible or if you’re not eligible for the special enrollment period, you can sign up for Part A and/or Part B during the (GEP:General Enrollment Period) from January 1–March 31 each year.
- To sign up for Part B, you’ll need to complete an Application for Enrollment in Part B (CMS-40B) which you can find, here.
While these quick bullet points can assist with questions and resourced, The Jones Group would love to help. You can schedule a meeting at our Wethersfield CT location or request an in-home visit. For more information, please contact us either by filling out the pop-up form at the bottom right of our website or calling us at (860) 529-3788.